23 Mar TukTuk’s Vicky steps out of her comfort zone to support Staffordshire families
Nobody chooses to be in poverty, but the reality for many families across Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle-under-Lyme is that many must choose between doing a load of washing or feeding their family.
This sobering thought drove TukTuk’s Vicky to raise money for Staffordshire-based Alice Charity, who support vulnerable families and who helped over 3,000 families in crisis during 2020 alone.
What began as a charity trade-up challenge with an Alice Charity pin badge in November 2020, ended in a charity raffle in March 2021. More than £10,000 worth of prizes were up for grabs thanks to the generosity of over a dozen amazing regional businesses.
Getting both of these fundraisers over the finishing line was no mean feat, and was the result of months of daily social media posts and videos which took Vicky way out of her comfort zone. As a marketing creative, Vicky is far more comfortable making sure it’s her clients who are in the spotlight thanks to her branding and website solutions.
Vicky says: “I was overwhelmed by people’s generosity, and while I have to admit putting myself all over social media took me way out of my comfort zone, I wanted to help families put one step in front of the other towards a better life.”
While the trade-up challenge brought some twists and turns with offers of sun loungers and steam irons, the resulting raffle raised an amazing £2,630.
A giant cheque was presented by TukTuk to Alice Charity at their headquarters in Newcastle-under-Lyme.
The cash will help to fund the Alice Charity Lean In project, which provides emotional support to local families through well-being calls and home visits.
TukTuk would like to say a massive thank you to the following businesses who supported the charity trade-up challenge, raffle and auction:
- Donna Hames of Carisma Wills
- Leonie Thomas of Frequency Shift
- Sarah Reynolds of Whitedove Wills
- Claire Smith of Evolve Together
- TeeJay Dowe of Back on Track Teens
- Sarah White of NetworkIN
- Helena Davies Financial Services
- Alaine Skerrett of King Street Chiropractic
- Cris Cohen of Feasted
- Alison Bradford of Alison Bradford Coaching
- Phil Gould of Wildlife Dreams
- BusinessLodge Stoke
- Daniel Moore Photography
- Andrew Heaward of Heaward Solutions
- Balance and Beam
- Safe Social
- AMG Financial Solutions
- DoubleTree by Hilton Stoke on Trent
- Eivissa Health and Fitness
- Logic Resourcing
- Venture Uganda Travel
- Matthew Dashper Hughes of Sandler Training
- Charlotte Foster Podcasts
- Panda Press
- Diane Mitchell Brassington of Westbury Ironing