17 May How To Change A User’s Password on WordPress
How To Change A User’s Password on WordPress
We are going to be writing a series of blogs to show you how to get started on WordPress. These will be designed to help you with basic administration to help you gain confidence and experience in using the system now your site has gone live.
This week we will show you how to change a user’s password. This will be helpful if you have multiple users or want to frequently change your password to keep your site secure.
- Login and visit the dashboard.
- On the left hand side click users.
- Select the user you want to change the password for.
- Scroll down to account management, new password.
- Click generate password and either stick with generated password it gives you or create on of your own, ensuring that it is a strong password.
To find out what makes a strong password click here
In the next blog, we will look at how to delete a user from your WordPress site. This may be necessary if you have a staff member leave your business or their role changes within the business for example.
Want to sign up for hints and tips on how to improve and protect your website? Click here