24 May How To Add a New User to WordPress
We are going to be writing a series of blog posts that will help you get started on your WordPress site.
This week, we are looking at how to add a new user to your WordPress website. This will allow you to give access to another member of your team who can then help you with updates and edits to your site.
- Open your internet browser
- Visit your WordPress website and add /wp-admin to the end of the URL.
- Enter your username and password as given in training.
- Click login and visit dashboard.
- On the left hand side click Users
- At the top or left hand side, click Add New.
- Enter a user name, email, and click on show password.
- Copy and paste this password and send this on email to the new user, asking them to reset at their earliest convenience.
- Select whether you want to notify user of their account in the tick box or leave unchecked.
- Select their role from the drop down. To find out more about WordPress roles click here
- Click Add New User
In our next blog, we will show you how you can reset your password or another users password, which will be necessary when asking new users to login for the first time and helps to keep your site secure.
Want to sign up for hints and tips on how to improve and protect your website? Click here.