01 Apr How To Create a Blog Post on Your WordPress Website
We are going to be writing a series of blogs to show you how to get started on WordPress. These will be designed to help you with basic administration to help you gain confidence and experience in using the system now your site has gone live.
This week we will show you how to add a blog to your WordPress site. You can use blogs to share what is going on in your business, talk about important current issues or tell your customers about a new product or service for example.
- Login and visit dashboard.
- Go to posts on the left hand side
- Click Add New
- Enter post title
- Enter blog content into WordPress editor
- If copying from another document, then use “Paste as Text” (Clipboard with a T on it) icon to prevent bringing formatting from another program.
- Then you need to select the category or categories for the blog.
- If you need to create a new category, click add new category and enter a title.
- Select or enter any new tags you want to use. Click here to find out more about categories and tags.
- Set your featured image i.e. the main image on the page.
- Preview the blog to make sure it is displaying correctly.
- If all is ok, hit the publish button.
- Check that appears on your blog page and looks ok.
Want to sign up for hints and tips on how to improve and protect your website? Click here.